Sunday, May 31, 2009

So...


Within the past year my 2005 imac G5 has been having a little trouble. Well actually it just crashes a lot when I get onto flashy sites like MTv.com (don't tease me, I do this for writing purposes) anyway my ex took a look at it since he's a computer wizard/ programmer and he doesn't see too much of a problem, just get some lost memory space... Well as a result, I haven't kept up on my food blog because I also cannot access websites like the Food Network. However, I still can provide you with my newest food experiments, which is my endeavour into Thai food. (my favorite of all foods)

Here is my take on a Thai Noodle Salad

angel hair pasta
coconut milk
julienned carrots
bean sprouts
pineapple chunks
dry roasted not salted peanuts
Thai yellow curry paste
crushed ginger
cilantro
meat- or tofu, I prefer some chick pieces cooked in peanut sauce

a couple wedges of lime.

This salad resulted in a great cold noodle salad but lacked some spice until I mixed in a table spoon of the yellow curry paste. I think what could be really good is making my own peanut sauce with cilantro, peanuts, Thai spices and a hint of coconut milk

Do you think there was too much going on in the salad? If you try it out let me know how the results tasted

P.S.
My Drink Recipe

crush fresh ginger with half a glass of ice
add some generic ginger ale (it's more carbonated)
2 shots of whiskey (I enjoy a southern blend)
stir it all up with a lime wedge on the side...

it's refreshing!

No comments: